Packet Pushers Community Blog
Packet Pushers News
- Uila Adds User Experience Tracking To Their Monitoring Platform
- Rubrik Integrates With Oracle, Hyper-V, Nutanix In 4.0 Release
Packet Pushers Weekly Podcast
- Episode 342 – Big Ideas About Networking with Mike Bushong
- Episode 343 – Future Of Networking Q&A Live From Interop ITX
- Episode 345 – How To Further Your IT Infrastructure Career with Katherine McNamara
- Episode 346 – Ixia CloudLens And Cloud Visibility (Sponsored)
- Episode 87 – The Future Of Infrastructure Security with James Holland & Aaron Miller
- Episode 88 – Found On The Internet 01. We discuss the future of operations, CockroachDB, OpenStack.
- Episode 89 – SRE vs. Cloud Native vs. DevOps with Rob Hirschfeld
- Episode 90 – AWS Networking Deep Dive with Anthony Miloslavsky
Priority Queue Podcast
- Episode 117 – VMware NSX & Container Networking (Sponsored)
- Episode 118 – IETF & The Enterprise Data Center Operators Group with Nalini Elkins
Citizens of Tech Podcast
- Episode 72 – Understanding High Dynamic Range Video
- Episode 73 – Purism Laptops & Underage Smartphone Use
- Eric Sutphen and I are thinking about re-tooling this show into a tighter niche. Although we have a few rabid fans, we aren’t getting the market traction we need for this show to grow. We are considering perhaps a move into alt-energy aimed at consumers. Solar, battery storage, off grid living, electric cars, LED lighting. Likely include home automation, as we think there’s a strong tie-in with home automation to an energy-efficient lifestyle. A show with more focus like this, besides being hyper-interesting to us personally, would be much more focused than the show format we’ve had since roughly the beginning.
- I shot some promo videos with Greg Ferro about Packet Pushers, but nothing that’s been published yet. We’ll see if they work out. We were on the road, and the lighting wasn’t great. And we might use them selectively, and not make them globally available.
- I have in mind a series on QoS design, the next big project I plan to work on when I’m done writing contributions to the book I’m co-authoring with Russ White. I should be able to make headway on the QoS idea in August and September. Not sure where this would be published. We’ve launched an idea balloon called “Convergency” for Packet Pushers, which would be a members-only site with non-sponsored, original content by me, Greg Ferro, and others.
- June was terrible for working on the book. Between travel and vacation, I just didn’t get anything significant done.
- July (when I’m actually composing this post about my June productivity) is proving to be much better, so more to report next month.
- Human Infrastructure Magazine 58 – Don’t Make The Sale, Make The Relationship
- Human Infrastructure Magazine 59 – Lifelong Learning And Personal Sacrifice
- Nothing in June, although I have several ideas floating around. Lost the writing mojo a bit with all the time spent AFK.
- Likely something coming on my forays into Amazon’s Echo, i.e. Alexa as my personal assistant and home automator. Also am developing an opinion about the usefulness of the iPad as a laptop replacement. I think a lot of the naysayers are missing the point.
- I also see the Alexa ecosystem as a new and interesting way to share information. Alexa’s “flash briefing” concept is very interesting, for example. Might be some topics worth writing about there.