This is essentially the product list from the book. No doubt it’s a little stale. Update Cisco wireless product information is here. I just did a glance at it, and for the APs at least, the books still pretty close. I’m going to include all the book info here, leaving it up to your (and my) common sense to determine what might actually apply on The Big Written Test.
- Cisco Aironet 1300 – 802.11b/g AP & bridge. Outdoor environments.
- Cisco Aironet 1230AG – dual antennas to extend range, optional antenna available to meet enterprise needs.
- Cisco Aironet 1200 – Dual slots that allow you to mix ‘n’ match your choice of compatible radio cards.
- Cisco Aironet 1130AG – integrated antennas with dual 802.11a/g.
- Cisco Aironet 1100 – Single-band 802.11b/g
- Cisco Aironet 350 – small/medium business market. Not upgradeable. 802.11b only.
Wireless Bridges and Workgroup Bridges
- Cisco Aironet 1400 – can be point to point or point to multipoint. Used to interconnect LANs over a long, but line-of-sight distance. Like going across town with directional antennas that can see each other on the tops of buildings. Use it instead of a telco carrier provided WAN. Up to 54Mbps.
- Cisco Aironet 1300 – It’s an AP! It’s a bridge! It’s all things to all people! Uses 802.11b/g.
Lightweight Access Points
- Cisco 1000 Lightweight Access Point – 802.11a/b/g, zero-touch config. Works with Cisco Wireless LAN Controller and optionally the Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS) for real-time IDS.
Wireless LAN Client Adapters
- Cisco Aironet 802.11a/b/g Wireless CardBus Adapter – for mobile devices.
- Cisco Aironet 802.11a/b/g Wireless PCI Adapter – desktops and POS.
- Cisco Aironet 350 Wireless LAN Client Adapter – PCMCIA or PCI for 802.11b.
- Cisco Aironet 5GHz 54Mbps Wireless LAN Client Adapter (CB20a) – 802.11a and CardBus standards supported.
Wireless LAN Controllers
- Cisco 4100 Wireless LAN Controller – Works with the Cisco 1000 Lightweight access point and Cisco WCS, provuding IDS, RF management, and security policy management. Targeted at enterprises.
- Cisco 2000 Wireless LAN Controller – same functionality as 4100, but for small to medium businesses – a smaller quantity of APs supported.